At WCFJC we strive to protect the privacy of our online visitors and donors. Your personal information will be used only for internal WCFJC purposes and will not be shared with third parties for marketing purposes.
What We Collect
WCFJC only collects information that allows us to;
- track the number of visitors to our website
- keep in touch with visitors to our web site
- securely process online donations.
Information collected is strictly for internal purposes.
Email Addresses: From time to time, we may use your e-mail address to inform you of WCFJC developments or to request your input on WCFJC initiatives. WCFJC e-mails to you will always contain an unsubscribe link, allowing you to opt out of future mailings.
Credit Card Information: If you become a WCFJC donor, we require your credit-card information. Your information is processed over a secure and encrypted internet connection, making it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept.
When you interact with the Website, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually; in other words, Non-Personal Information. Generally, we collect the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- We collect and store certain device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
- We automatically log certain usage information about your use of the Website. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you with a more customized experience on the Website;
- We collect and store additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses; and
- We collect and store your search terms and search results.
For more information about cookies, please see www.allaboutcookies.org.
Distribution of information
If you have subscribed to our email updates regarding volunteering, donating and company and website updates, we will send you regular communications. You are able to unsubscribe from any of the email updates at any time by using the unsubscribe information provided in our emails.
Changing and removing information
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to WCFJC. If you change your email address, or if any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update it accordingly. Additionally, if for some reason you would like to be erased from our database, write to us and we will do so immediately.
Except as explained below, WCFJC will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, and will not sell or rent lists containing your information to third parties. WCFJC may disclose information when it has your permission to do so or under special circumstances, such as when it believes in good faith that the law requires it.
When you give WCFJC personal information we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, WCFJC cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we use our best efforts to ensure its security in our systems.
Changes to this policy
This policy may change from time to time. The changed policy will be posted on this website and the last updated date at the end of the policy will also be updated. We will email an update describing the revised policy and if you do not agree with the revised policy, you may cancel your registration with us.
Last updated: 29th May 2018